tagline

what if Vincent van Gogh was born today? painT tells the story of Vinny, a struggling artist and quintessential "art underdog" who sees the world as a living, breathing painting. Set against the backdrop of the New York & L.A. art scene, painT is an American update on the tragic life of van Gogh, seen through the eyes of his modern day counterpart and spiritual heir, examining the fine line between love, madness, and paint.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

painT drunk.






i showed my mom these photos and asked what she thought. she said i looked like a monster. perfect. that's exactly what i'm becoming. i love you ma. this was an experiment for the movie. there is a scene in painT where vinny attempts to poison himself by drinking paint while he's in the asylum. it comes from a true moment in van Gogh's life. i went to my favorite B&W photobooth in NYC at the ACE Hotel on 29th st. I highly recommend all of you to go there and see what you look like in old time splendor. I carried my bag of three colors with me and this group of 2 girls and a guy, M & M & M, saw me pass the booth 3 times. One of the girls said, you really should go try it, it seems like you really want to! She could tell that I was itching to just go in there and go wild. I went in and came out with a mouth full of paint. They loved it. Moneer and her friends are from Wash. DC and were down in the city for a couple days. I told them all about painT and that i am an actor/writer/artist, they knew J2K and ZGames. I laughed, they laughed. this feels good when you meet strangers with the greatest smiles and curiosity for adventure. M told me that van Gogh's letters had been at the MORGAN Library & Musuem. i was happy to smile in a time of nutso. happy to be thinking about what painT will taste like on the day. after it's all said and done i shoulda brought a tooth brush. but the way the day tasted to me was like nothing i ever had.







thanks for the boost into the machine m&m&m.

go love NY to the marrow. bite into it.

g

No comments:

Post a Comment